Tony Zingale , Chief Executive Officer, Jive Software
Title: The Biggest “From > To” in Business in a Generation
[These are my quick notes, complete with (what I hope is no more than) the occasional typo and grammatical error. Please excuse those. Thanks!
From time to time, I’ll insert my own editorial comments – exercising the prerogatives of the blogger. I’ll show those in brackets. ]
- Beware of Ignoring the social business imperative
- The consumer web is forcing innvoation – you can no longer elect to wait and see
- Customers are demanding social
- Employees are demanding social
- The ground is shifting under the enterprise:
- management > engagement
- email > collaboration
- customer relationship management > community
- baby boomers > millennials
- User Interface > User Experience – now the focus is on fun and ease of use not how a form is constructed. You cannot ignore the impact of Apple and tech design.
- what chatters > what matters
- Jive has good case studies in Nike and Charles Schwab
- Make sure you connect your social media strategy either to a top line or bottom line goal.
- What’s the new way to business?
- Engage employees, engage customers, engage social web. But Jive believes that the lines between these are blurring. Therefore, you need to provide a single-point of access to all the internal and external social stream.
- They are recommending that their clients focus on small, light-weight, temporary (almost disposable) apps that allow you to target specific business goals.